Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Piano piano, quickly.

.
Is Valletta finally getting the entrance that it deserves and in such a short period of time? The time line in the brief to world renowned architect Renzo Piano is completion in four years.

A friend of mine was adamant that I should go visit the Museum of Archeology where Renzo Piano's concept plans for Valletta are showing. I was not to be disappointed. Piano's new entrance will put Valletta on the map. I thought I'd share some photos of the exhibition with you.


An overview of the plans


The back of the Parliament building


The new City Gate


The open air theatre


Parliament exterior stonework

I do suggest you take the opportunity to go and have a look for yourselves. The exhibition explained some of the thought process behind the plans. Seeing the plans in three dimensions gives one a clearer picture. There is also a presentation of the kind of thing that can be achieved visually in the theatre.

2 comments:

  1. Valletta is such a magical place and I am excited about Renzo Piano's plans for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just? Might be here for September after all. Do contact me when you're here.

    ReplyDelete