Monday, August 24, 2009

The little shop of follies


"Cafe du Brazil" by Evilpainter

This morning I met my friend Frank who is managing director of Hugo's Tapas in St George's Bay, for a coffee in Birgu. The city is all set for the second village feast this month (don't ask me which patron saint this one's dedicated to) so there's a feeling of celebration in the air.

Frank's been a great support to me with problems I have encountered lately. We had a pleasant conversation inside Caffe du Brazil in Victory Square and, before Frank left to prepare for gym, he mentioned a little boutique had opened in G. Cassar Street. (Walk up Hilda tabone street and turn right into Cassar Street)



Follie is indeed a sweet little shop. No bland chain shop material - every item is lovingly sourced, some original items sewn by owner Monique herself. Spent a good half an hour chatting and looking at the accessories, gifts and unique pieces all around me.



Most of all I fell in love with the cushions inspired by Maltese traditional tiles. Perhaps I should get a couple for Valletta G-House. They'll fit in splendidly with the bedroom tiles. Monique even said I can have my own choice of colours. Monique can be reached on +356 99891722 or on her e-mail. For Birgu take buses 1 or 4 from Valletta Gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment